- Get ready to go on a mini vacation eating these.
- S. Chokel
- 6 oz (168 grm). semi-sweet chocolates
- 2 oz (56 grm). unsweetened chocolate
- 4 tsp (20 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tsp (10 ml) rum
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) ground almonds
- Melt the chocolates and the cream in the top of a double boiler; stir until Smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and beaten egg yolks.
- Chill mixture until firm, about 3-4 hours at least.
- Form mixture into small balls (truffles), and roll in ground almonds.
- Store in freezer or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
A great after dinner treat with cognac or coffee. I make mine smaller for less guilty eating (no less calories tho) and roll in hazelnuts and use Frangelico instead of rum for an even more decandent flavor.
A complete joy to give as a gift. Use for Christmas time or holiday trays of candy or for romantic and special evenings to share with your sweet love.