- The wonderful flavor of Bing Cherries enchanced and enriched with Port Wine.. simply irresistable!
- Arizona Tart
- 1 can Bing cherries, drained, reserve liquid
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). package cherry Jell-O
- 1 cup (225 ml) cherry juice
- 1 cup (225 ml) port wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) slivered almonds
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) Knox Gelatine
- Optional Garnishes:
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- toasted sliced almonds
- fresh chopped Bing cherries
- Heat the cherry juice and port wine in a medium saucepan.
- When it is hot, remove from heat source.
- Melt Jell-O in the hot liquid.
- Add the almonds and whole bing cherries to the hot liquid.
- Add the 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) gelatine, dissolve.
- Pour into your favorite prepared Jell-O molds and chill for at least 3-5 hours or overnight.
- Serve on a serving dish with your choice of garnish or place in pretty wine glasses and garnish as desired.
- This is an elegant side dish for Easter dinners or Christmas and Thanksgiving Dinners. It goes so very well with all roasted meats.
Geared to an adults palate, however, every kid who ever ate it BECAUSE it was for grown-ups adore it!!
If you have game meats, such as pheasant, grouse or venison you will make this a standard for your meals, it is excellent.