- Old Fashioned Potato Pancakes
- 2 cups (475 ml) grated raw potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). flour or prepared biscuit mix
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). finely cut onions
- Beat eggs.
- Add potatoes and salt mix thoroughly.
- Stir in flour or prepared mix, baking powder, and onions.
- Drop from a tsp or if you like larger pancakes drop with a tbsp onto a hot greased griddle.
- Brown on both sides.
- This is a recipe from Cooking in Up Country Pennslyvania a cookbook written by my mother Mildred Haney Ryerson. Please fill free to use this recipe and enjoy for your own personal use.
Copyright 1992 Mildred Haney Ryerson
Copyright 2001 Nancy Haney Reifigner