- White & fluffy. Traditional wedding cake frosting.
- B Flathau
Serves/Makes:enough for 1 cake
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening (crisco)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) lemon juice or 1/4 tsp (1 ml) lemon extract
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) to 5 cups (1175 ml) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) to 4 tbsp (60 ml) milk (maybe a little more)
- Beat shortening, vanilla and lemon on high until smooth.
- Add half of the sugar & all the milk; beat.
- Slowly add in the additional sugar.
- Taste test--be sure it's creamy but not too soft or it will not set up.
- I use a basic sugar cookie recipe and frost them with this. It does taste just like the traditional wedding cake frosting. Everyone that has tried it always comments on the yummy frosting.