Bonnie's Almond Joy Balls
- Taste just like an almond joy bar
- Bonnie F.
Serves/Makes:3 dozen small balls
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). pkg. shredded coconut
- 1 small can Eagle Brand Sweet Condensed Milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) slivered almonds
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). pkg. milk chocolate chips
- Place coconut in a bowl, add slivered almonds and toss together.
- Start adding condensed milk, a little at a time.
- Keep adding until slightly sticky and be sure you can roll coconut into balls.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler.
- Roll coconut balls.
- Either dip them in the chocolate or drizzle chocolate over the top.
- Place balls on waxed paper and allow chocolate to firm up.
- Test by trying to peel one off the paper.
- I am always looking for new ideas for Christmas cookies and candy. I decided to just do some experimenting since I do not own candy molds. This is a great recipe. My family loves them.