- Susan S
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). or more boneless smoked ham half, "fully cooked"
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated orange peel
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground allspice
- orange slices, thinly sliced
- curly endive, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- On a rack in a roasting pan, roast ham, uncovered, for about 20 minutes per pound, or until a meat thermometer reads 140 degrees (60 C.).
- Before ham is done, simmer a mixture of the brown sugar, Jack Daniel's whiskey, orange peel, cloves, and allspice over medium low heat for about 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Brush the glaze over the ham about 20 minutes before done.
- Serve the ham garnished with orange slices and endive, if desired.
- This recipe calls for Jack Daniel's but you could substitute Jim Beam if you prefer.