Coconut Angel Food Cake:
Follow these directions with ONE CUP OF COCONUT:
1. Prepare the cake batter above
2. Cover the bottom of an ungreased tube pan with cake batter and then cover generously with shredded coconut which has been finely divided for 3 or 4 layers of coconut.
3. Cover another layer with batter and add a second layer of coconut.
4. Continue until you have used the cup of coconut.
Colored Angel Food Cake:
1. Add food color in powder, paste, liquid to the water that is added into the cake batter. You can develop pastel or intense colorings. All other directions remain the same.
Chocolate Angel Food Cake:
1. To the cake recipe above, substitute 4 Tablespoons of quality cocoa for 4 Tablespoons of cake flour in the recipe. All other directions remain the same.
This recipe and it's variations came from the women in my family. It is a time honored and treasured recipe.