- Basic Pancakes
- Mary Woodhouse
Serves/Makes:8 or more pancakes
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 3 tsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) shortening
- Blend all dry ingredients then add all wet ingredients.
- For runnier pancakes add up to 1 cup (225 ml) milk.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a hot, oiled griddle or frying pan.
- Turn over when bubbles form on top and underside is golden brown.
- Remove when second side is golden.
- This is a great pancake recipe and the ingredients are usually on-hand.