- Sweet, tangy, unique and the perfect treat for special times and family. Wonderful homemade gift idea!
- Laura and Jay's Mom
Serves/Makes:3 Pints (approx.)
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). tangerines
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). sugar
- Peel the skin from the tangerines in large piecs; set aside.
- Squeeze the juice from the pulp and discard pulp; set juice aside.
- Simmer peel in water to cover for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain and cover peel with cold water; soak overnight.
- Drain peel again, and chop medium fine.
- In a heavy bottom large saucepan combine peel, resrved juice, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring frequently, for about 25-30 minutes or until thick.
- Spoon into sterilized jars and tore in a cool place.
- Serve on Sweet Cream Muffins or Croissants for a special treat. It is delicious served on any bread product and spectacular as a condiment to roasted poultry, meats and fish.
For holiday baking, use this marmalade to fill kolaches or thumbprint cookies!!
My family loves it served on top of french toast!
It makes a wonderful gift for any time of the year and the reciepients will think you are a STAR!