- Delicately Light and Enormously Flavorful and Happily Filling! Lump Crab meets seasonngs and a binder and into the fying pan! Scrumptious!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:2 or more servings
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lump crab meat, cleaned and picked through
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Old Bay seasoning (more if desired)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) quality mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soft breadcrumbs from stale bread, ground or crumbed fine
- 1 cup (225 ml) peanut or olive oil for frying (other oil, like canola or corn is fine)
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and divide into 4 or 6 pieces depending on the size patty you like.
- Shape each of the divided mixture into cakes--this can be daunting, but don't make them too firm.
- In an electric skillet or heavy bottomed skillet (to maintain level heat) heat the oil to where a little piece of mixture fries and comes to the top of the oil.
- Fry fairly quickly so a crust will develop and they are browned (You don't want them to absorb the fat, but to crisp and cook in the fat).
- Serve hot with your favorite side dishes.
- Classic Recipe to enjoy! It tastes so delicious, you will never get frozen ones again!