Authentic English Baked Rice Pudding
- 4 handfuls long grain rice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- dash salt
- 1 lump butter - size of walnut
- Combine rice, vanilla, sugar, milk, water, salt and butter in large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with nutmeg.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 2 hours
- My grandmother came to this country from England. She made this pudding every Sunday for as long as she lived. My grandchildren all love it.