- My grandmother makes this all the time. It's really good.
- Jessica W. in CA
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1-2 whole cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- lemon juice
- salted water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- black pepper
- Soak the cucumbers in the salted water for about an hour, then drain and rinse.
- Place the cucumbers in a bowl and add the sour cream and chopped onion.
- Add lemon juice (about half of a whole lemon's worth), salt, pepper, and parsley to taste (The lemon juice helps to make the sour cream taste like buttermilk).
- Mix thoroughly--the sauce should be slighly runny but not overly so (Sauce will thicken upon standing).
- Refrigerate for several hours to let the mixture thicken.
- Serve as a side salad.