Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Jessica W. in CA
- 1 whole cucumber, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1-2 whole tomatoes, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups (475 ml) Red wine and Vinegar salad dressing
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well, making sure all tomatoes and cucumbers are coated with the dressing.
- Refrigerate overnight to let the salad marinate.
- Serve as a side salad.
- This is a great pot luck or party salad. I make it when I am asked to bring a side dish. My husband claims it is much better then the store bought varieties, and I tend to agree with him (most of the store bought varieties are too bland and the tomatoes aren't very good.) I prefer the Wish Bone Red Wine and Vinegar dressing, myself, but any one will do. You can also use itilian dressing if you prefer, but whichever you use, make sure you let the salad marinate.