Lemon and Sage Turkey Fillets
- A low calorie, low carbohydrate entree
- 4 4 oz (112 grm). turkey breast fillets
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml). Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne, or to taste
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dried sage, crumbled
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Place turkey between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound lightly with a mallet or other heavy flat object to flatten to 1/4 inch.
- Combine next 4 ingredients and salt to taste in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake vigorously until emulsified and stir in sage.
- Place turkey in a glass dish and cover with mustard mixture.
- Cover dish and marinate 25 minutes.
- Remove turkey and pat dry.
- Discard marinade.
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Saut turkey 2 minutes per side or until just cooked throughout.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- Per serving: calories 145, fat 1.2g, 7% calories from fat, cholesterol 70mg, protein 28.5g, carbohydrates 5.2g, fiber 1.7g, sugar 1.7g, sodium 73mg, diet points 3.2.