- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh or frozen corn
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 or more garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). low-fat smoked turkey sausage links
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cook, uncovered, just until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute next 5 ingredients until tender.
- Cut sausage into small chunks; add to vegetable mixture.
- Cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain potatoes; add to vegetable mixture.
- Add oil and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13 inch x 9 inch x 2 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 141 calories, 178 mg sodium, 12 mg cholesterol, 22 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.