- 1 pound tiny new potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) picante sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) to 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil or salad oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sliced green onions
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) snipped cilantro or parsley
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe casserole micro-cook potatoes and water, covered, on 100% power (high) for 7 to 11 minutes or till potatoes are tender, stirring once; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl combine picante sauce, lime juice, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 30 to 60 seconds or till heated through.
- Add sauce to cooked potatoes.
- Stir in tomato, olives, green onions, and cilantro or parsley; toss to coat.
- Makes 4 side-dish servings.
- Nutrition facts per serving: 176 calories, 7 g total fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 3 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, 331 mg sodium, 3 g fiber.