- 6 oz (168 grm). orange juice, frozen concentrate, thawed
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, split
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) marjoram
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- Combine thawed orange juice concentrate (not regular orange juice) in bowl along with the marjoram, garlic powder and nutmeg.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the orange juice to coat completely.
- Place in crockpot.
- Pour the remaining orange juice mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or cook on high for 4 hours if you wish.
- Precise cooking time is not important in crockpot cooking. When chicken is done, remove to serving platter. Pour the sauce that remains in crockpot into a saucepan. Mix the cornstarch and water and stir into the juice in pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Serve the sauce over the chicken.
- One serving: 156.1 calories, 0.3 gr. fiber, 1.5 gr. fat, 21.1 gr. protein, 13.3 Carbs