- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg). catfish fillets, cubed
- hot cooked rice, optional
- sliced green onions, optional
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in fat free cooking spray until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, cayenne and salt if desired; bring to a boil.
- Add catfish.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- If desired, serve with rice and top with green onions.
- Nutritional Analysis: One serving (calculated w/o rice and green onions) equals 161 calories, 395 mg sodium, 66 mg cholesterol, 12 gm carbohydrate, 21 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exch. 3 very lean meat, 2 vegetable.