Rice Cups with Guacamole and Salsa
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 3 cups (700 ml) hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) (2 ounces) REDUCED-FAT shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shredded REDUCED-FAT Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground red pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely minced cilantro
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) LOW-FAT sour cream
- Cilantro leaves
- Combine rice, cheese, cumin, red pepper, and 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt.
- Press firmly and evenly into mini-muffin tins coated with cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool to room temperature.
- Mash avocados with fork in medium bowl.
- Sprinkle with lime juice.
- Add cilantro, onion, salsa, sour cream, and remaining 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt; blend well.
- Fill each rice cup with guacamole and top with sprig of fresh cilantro.
- Each rice cup provides 46 calories, 1.2 grams protein, 2.8 grams fat, 4.3 grams carbohydrate, 0.3 gram dietary fiber, 3 milligrams cholesterol and 88 milligrams sodium.