- A relatively low-calorie chocolate dessert.
Serves/Makes:1 8 inch pan
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) baking cocoa
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) nonfat plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml). all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine sugar, cocoa and yogurt.
- Add egg whites and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in flour and nuts.
- Pour into a 8-in. square baking pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 87 calories, 12 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 18 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 2 gm fat. ++++ Diabetic Exch. 1 starch, 1/2 fat.