Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). orange juice
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). ground red pepper
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch shoestrings
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, then simmer 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Toss juice mixture with potato shoestrings, drain off excess liquid.
- Spread potatoes on a baking sheet which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 minutes or until edges are crispy.
- Per serving: Calories-194; Fat-1.8; Protein-3; Sodium-169; Carb.-42