- 1 cup (225 ml) white onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) white wine vinegar
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 haba ero or serrano pepper, finely chopped (wear rubber gloves while handling)
- 4-1/2 tsp (20 ml). olive oil
- 4-1/2 tsp (20 ml). fresh thyme leaves or 2 tsp (10 ml) dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). ground allspice
- 2 tsp (10 ml). sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 ml). black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground red pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in medium bowl; mix well.
- Place chicken in resealable plastic food storage bag and add seasoning mixture.
- Seal bag; turn to coat chicken.
- Marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.
- Spray cold grid with nonstick cooking spray.
- Adjust grid to 4 to 6 inches above heat.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Grill 5 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink in center, brushing occasionally with marinade.
- Do not brush with marinade during last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Discard remaining marinade.
- Serves 6
Per serving: Calories-203; Fat-5.6; Protein-23.8; Sodium-539; Carbohydrates-17