- Radiatori pasta w/ Avocado
- 1-1/4 lbs (.6 kg). radiatori
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- pinch ground dried chili
- 6 tbsp (90 ml). extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). finely chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- In a large pot bring 6 qts. salted water to boil.
- Add the radiatori and cook until al dente.
- Cut Avocado in half; remove pit.
- Peel the avocado halves and cut them lengthwise in thin slices.
- Place slices in bowl & sprinkle w/ lemon juice, chili & salt
- Add olive oil and stir gently.
- Drain pasta and transfer to platter.
- Pour avocado mixture over the pasta; toss gently.
- Sprinkle tomato and parsley over top.
- Serve at once.
- Although a warm dish it is also excellent cold. To do so, toss the pasta with the oil immediately after draining, then let cool completely. May refrigerate. Must be brought back to room temperature before continuing. Just before serving gently toss the pasta w/ the avocado then sprinkle with tomato and parsley. Enjoy!!!