- Almost like deep-fried fish
- American Heart Association Cookbook 4th edition
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fish fillets ( I used Cod, you might want to use a different type)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). oil (I use canola)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cornflake crumbs
- Wash and dry fillets and cut into serving pieces.
- Season with pepper and dip in oil,
- Coat with cornflake crumbs.
- Arrange in a single layer in a lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 500 degrees (250 C.) for 10 minutes without turning or basting.
- We have used orange roughy, cod, ling cod, and other firm white fish. I have also used a very small amount of sea salt to season. Also you can use olive oil (recommended in cookbook, as well as a spray (i.e. PAM) if you want even less oil) This is a very basic receipe that can be expounded upon with different spices.