Layered Pear-Cream Cheese Mold
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can pear halves in light syrup
- 1 pkg. (8-serving size) JELL-O Brand Lime Flavor Gelatin*
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cold ginger ale or water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). pkg. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened**
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped pecans
- *Or use 2 pkg. (4 serving-size each) JELL-O Gelatin Dessert for 1 pkg. (8-serving size).
- Drain pears, reserving liquid.
- Add water to liquid to measure 1 1/2 cups; bring to boil in small saucepan.
- Dice pears; set aside.
- Stir boiling liquid into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold ginger ale and lemon juice.
- Pour 1 cup (225 ml) of the gelatin into wreath or 5-cup star-shaped or plain mold.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until thickened (spoon drawn through leaves definite impression).
- Arrange some of the diced pears in mold, pushing down into wreath or star design.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in remaining gelatin.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Stir in remaining diced pears and pecans.
- Spoon over gelatin layer in mold.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm; unmold.
- Garnish as desired.
- Store leftover gelatin mold in refrigerator.
- Dip mold in warm water for about 15 seconds.
- Gently pull gelatin from around edges with moist fingers.
- Place moistened serving plate on top of mold.
- Invert mold and plate; holding mold and plate together, shake slightly to loosen.
- Gently remove mold and center gelatin on plate.
- **Helpful Hint:
- Soften cream cheese in microwave on HIGH 15 to 20 seconds.
- Sounds like the recipe you're requesting, only with pears...substitute applesauce and see what happens!!