The Best Soup I Ever Made
- Easy chicken veggie soup
- Mrs. Wiggs
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 1 14.5 oz (406 grm). can fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded cabbage (I use packaged slaw mix)
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 14.5 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). dried onion
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). bottled, chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). sugar
- pepper, to taste
- Cook chicken breasts in 4 cups (950 ml) water.
- Strain broth.
- Chop chicken in small pieces.
- In large pot place all ingredients.
- Simmer over low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until vegetables are tender.
- This is very low-cal, low-fat. 62 calories and .5 gram of fat per serving. You can adjust the seasonings to your taste. . . use jalapenos instead of green chiles if you like it spicier. Or use more garlic. If you don't want to cook chicken breasts use canned chicken and a couple more cans of chicken broth instead of water. You can use the tomatoes w/green chiles and delete the can of chiles.