- My Aunt Zella
- 4 cups (950 ml) cut rhubarb [fresh or frozen]
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). flour
- dash of salt
- 1 package Jello [strawberry preferred]
- 1 boxed cake mix (mixed according to package directions)
- Put top five ingredients in bowl and mix together.
- Spread in bottom of 9 inch by 13 inch cake pan.
- Mix cake mix according to directions on package.
- Pour batter over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake according to directions on cake mix.
- I have found that this will have to bake longer than directions say so after time is up check often for being done.
We find this to be a very easy cake to make and any rhubarb lover will find it very delicious.