- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) soft butter (preferable butter, not margarine)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Work all ingredients together lightly.
- Press into buttered 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- You can also add 3/4 c. to 1 c. each (mix or match according to your liking) to the ingredients: nuts, raisins, coconut, dates, and perhaps chocolate chips. The original recipe says to remove the granola bars from the oven and cool for 10 minutes and then cut them but it seems to work better for me to cut them as soon as they are removed from the oven. You might want to try it both ways and see which one works best for you.