Hearth Healthy Salmon Loaf
- Vicky Bryant (found at happycookers)
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked or canned salmon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) uncooked oatmeal
- 2 eggs beaten, or 4 egg whites
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce, or Chinese Marinade
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) sea salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- Combine all ingredients and place the mixture in a buttered loaf pan, or a heart shaped pan, metal or glass.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) and add the milk to the mixture to keep it moist while baking.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- If you wish to microwave this dish do not add the 3/4 cup milk, place in plastic or glass container, microwave at 70% power for 10-12 minutes.