- Vicky Bryant (found at Shirley's recipes)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced onion or shallots
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tomato sauce or puree
- 1 cup (225 ml) beef bouillon or stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) thyme
- parsley (optional)
- Saute onions in butter until soft.
- Saute mushrooms for about 2 minutes, or until soft.
- Add wine, tomato sauce, bouillon, and spices.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Correct seasoning.
- Add parsley at end if available.
- Serve with London Broil or chicken over steamed carrots and noodles.
- I have seen Hunters Sauce recipes with fresh rosemary also. That would definately give it a distinct flavor. I would also use the shallots instead of the onions, I like their flavor better.