Citrus Ginger Chicken Breasts
- Zingy Tangy Sweet Chicken! Use breasts or try a whole cut up chicken for a family favorite!
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange marmalade
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground ginger (divided use)
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) red pepper (cayenne)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) orange peel, grated
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- Optional Garnish: orange peel curls
- Combine the orange marmalade, mustard, 3/4 tsp (4 ml) ground ginger and the red pepper (cayenne) in a small mixing bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Brush one half of the marmalade mixture over the chicken.
- Coat the grill with cooking oil.
- Place chicken on the grill, over medium coals and gril lfor about 10 minutes on each side (We use large breasts, smaller will take less time).
- Brush the marmalade mixture frequently on the chicken on the grill.
- Combine the butter, orange rind, and ginger in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Spoon 1 tbsp (15 ml) over each chicken breast just prior to serving.
- Garnish with orange peel curls.
- Note 1: To use a whole cut-up chicken, double this recipe.
Note 2: You can do this recipe under the broiler of your oven, but watch for burning and adjust cooking temperatures.
Because there is a fairly high amount of sugar in the marmalade, it will have a tendency to burn quickly (the sugar caramelizes), therefore, you will need to baste often and watch the closeness to the heat source.
Delicious served with any rice dish and fresh vegetables. However, my family likes this with Onion Rings.