- This recipe is also called Mock Veal
- Marianna van Erp
- fat or oil for browning
- 8 loin pork chops
- 1 can condensed mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed chicken soup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry sherry
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- onion, coarsely chopped
- green pepper, coarsely chopped
- Brown chops in fat in frying pan.
- Lift out chops and place in one layer, or slightly overlapping, in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix soups, sherry and sour cream with drippings in frying pan.
- Sprinkle vegetables over chops.
- Pour sauce over all.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes or until meat is very tender.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes to spoon the sauce over. A family favorite for many years.