- Donna NY
- 1 whole duck
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ginger
- 1 bunch chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) red food coloring
- Chinese pancakes
- scallion root, chopped
- cucumber slices
- Hoisin sauce
- Boil 4 quarts (3775 ml) of water with honey, sugar, ginger, scallions, and food color.
- Soak the duck in the boiling broth until it turns orange-red.
- Hang duck to dry for 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Place pan of water in shelf below duck in oven.
- Bake until the duck looks crispy.
- Debone and it's ready to serve.
- Serve deboned duck with scallion, cucumber slices and Hoisin sauce wrapped in pancake.