Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 11 oz (308 grm). cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1 2-1/2 oz (70 grm). jar dried beef, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small onion, grated
- melba rounds or other small toasts or crackers
- Oven toast pecans in butter and salt.
- Mix cream cheese, milk, beef, green pepper, onion and pepper.
- Fold in sour cream and half the nuts.
- Place in baking dish and sprinkle remaining nuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20 minutes.
- Serve in chafing dish with Melba rounds.