- The classic Five Spice Powder used in Oriental Cooking.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) whole black peppercorns
- 36 whole cloves
- 12 inches of stick cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fennel seed
- 12 whole star anise
- Put the whole black peppercorns, whole cloves, sticks of cinnamon, fennel seed, whole star anise, into a sturdy heavy duty blender and pulverize into powder.
- Store in a dry cool place in an air-tight container.
- If you can't find 5 Spice Powder at your markets, or want to save a little money, try making this yourself!