Peach And Raspberry Cobbler
- Lucious Cobblers are always wonderful summer desserts with vanilla ice cream, try this one with Peaches and Raspberries!
- "Jo Ferry cmsj69b" via Michael's BabyCakes
- 9 peaches, about 3 lbs (1.4 kg).
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar, divided use
- 1 tsp (5 ml). sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). cornstarch
- 2 tsp (10 ml). lemon juice
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). baking powder
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). salt
- 5 tbsp (70 ml). butter, chilled
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Peel peaches and slice; combine with 3/4 cup (175 ml) of sugar, the cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Gently stir in raspberries.
- Transfer to 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake until juices are bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir milk into flour mixture until ingredients just hold together.
- Drop eight heaping spoonfuls of dough onto hot fruit and sprinkle remaining sugar on dough.
- Bake, uncovered, until the biscuits have browned, about 25 minutes.
- I have this exact recipe, with only two words difference in my handwritten recipe files from Helen Bappert of Detroit, MI. It is her best friend Mary's recipe. It was given to me in 1968 when I first went away to college to help keep me from starving! Go figure!
This Recipe was printed from iChef.com (c) 2001 The Internet Chef, All rights Reserved.
For more recipes visit their site: http://www.ichef.com