Chicken and Snowpeas in Black Bean Sauce
- Delicious chicken with black bean kick
- Erin (from her Aunty Wendy)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). boneless,skinless chicken breasts (sliced)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). Chinese fermented black beans OR
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Black Bean sauce (store bought)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). minced gingerroot
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups (475 ml) snowpeas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken stock or water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml). granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 ml). seasame oil (vegetable oil is okay)
- cooked white rice
- In a large bowl combine stock, soy sauce, sherry, sugar, cornstarch, and sesame oil; set aside.
- Slice chicken thinly, set aside.
- In large non-stick skillet heat oil over high heat.
- Stirfry garlic, ginger, black beans and red pepper flakes for approx. 15 seconds.
- Add chicken.
- Stirfry for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add snowpeas.
- Stirfry for 2 more minutes.
- Stir sauce and add to skillet and stirfry over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Serve over White rice.