- SIMPLE, EASY, DELICIOUS and makes the absolute best crusts for Peach or Cherry Pies!
Serves/Makes:3 Nine Inch Pie Crusts
- 12 oz (336 grm). cream cheese
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- Cream the butter and the cream cheese together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flour to the creamed mixture and blend in.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured working surface.
- Pie crusts generally bake for 15-20 minutes in a 350 degree (175 C.) to 375 degree (200 C.) oven.
- Use this recipe as required by the filling whether it is baked first or with the filling.
- This is a rich and delicioius pie crust that is especially wonderful when you are making Peach, Cherry or other fruit pies. It gives a "hint" of a cheesecake quality to the pie and it is so tender and delicious.
This particular pie crust recipe is a very easy one to work with.
I have added 1 tablespoon of sugar to the recipe and then used my fingers and pinched out the crust onto a jelly roll pan and then layered apple slices with slivered almonds and raisons, topped it with a simple sugar/egg glaze and baked it for about 45 minutes on 350 degrees for an absolutely fabulous Apple Dessert!