- Blend of herbs to use for dieting or to add robust flavoring to recipes and your family's meals.
Serves/Makes:1/3 cup approx.
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sweet paprika (Hungarian if possible)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) onion powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml) thyme
- Toss herbs into a grinder or mini-blender and whirl for about 60 seconds.
- Spoon spice blend immediately into a clean spice jar (preferably with a plastic shaker insert), label and use as usual.
- Store in a dark dry area of your kitchen.
- Delicious to use in dips or spreads. Very good to mix with lime juice and extra virgin olive oil as a Mexican Flare to tossed salads or a marinade for meats on the grill.