- Blend of herbs to use for dieting or to add robust flavoring to recipes and your family's meals.
Serves/Makes:About 1/2 cup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dry mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) garlic powder
- 2 tsps. dried parsley
- 2 tsps. dried dill weed
- 2 tsps. onion powder
- 2 tsps. dried savory
- 2 tsps. dried thyme
- 2 tsps. paprika
- 2 tsps. ground white pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dried lemon peel, finely chopped
- Toss herbs into a grinder or mini-blender and whirl for about 60 seconds.
- Spoon spice blend immediately into a clean spice jar with a tight fitting lid, (a plastic shaker insert is a great asset), label and use as usual.
- Store in a dark dry area of your kitchen.
- Delicious to use in dips or spreads. Very good to mix with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil as a Savory Citrus Flare to tossed salads or a marinade for meats and vegetables on the on the grill.
Use this blend as a rub on chickens for roasting or in vegetable soups.