- Blend of herbs to use for dieting or to add robust flavoring to recipes and your family's meals.
Serves/Makes:1/2 cup approx.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) garlic powder
- 2 tsps. dried basil
- 2 tsps. dried marjoram
- 2 tsps. dried parsley
- 2 tsps. dried savory
- 2 tsps. dried thyme
- 2 tsps. ground mace
- 2 tsps. onion powder
- 2 tsps. finely ground black pepper
- 2 tsps. dried sage
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cayenne pepper
- Toss herbs into a grinder or mini-blender and whirl for about 60 seconds.
- Spoon spice blend immediately into a clean spice jar with a tight fitting lid, (a plastic shaker insert is a great asset), label and use as usual.
- Store in a dark dry area of your kitchen.
- Delicious to use in dips or spreads. Very good to mix with lemon juice, white or red wine and extra virgin olive oil as an Italian Flare to tossed salads or a marinade for meats and vegetables on the on the grill.
Use this blend as a rub on meats for roasting or in soups, chowders, or sauces.