Basic Vegetable Spice Blend II
- Blend of herbs to use for dieting or to add robust flavoring to recipes and your family's meals.
Serves/Makes:1/2 cup approx.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dried savory
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dried thyme
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dried fennel
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dried sage
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dried marjoram
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). ground bay leaf
- 1-1/2 tsps. dried chives
- 1-1/2 tsps. dehydrated onion flakes
- Toss herbs into a grinder or mini-blender and whirl for about 60 seconds.
- Spoon spice blend immediately into a clean spice jar with a tight fitting lid, (a plastic shaker insert is a great asset), label and use as usual.
- Store in a dark dry area of your kitchen.
- Try this blend on poached, grilled or baked fish, either before or after cooking. Use a light hand to avoid overwhelming delicate fish flavors. Also, delicious to use in dips or spreads.
Very good to mix with lemon juice, white wine and extra virgin olive oil as a classic American flare to tossed salads or a marinade for meats and vegetables on the on the grill.