Basic Seafood Spice Blend II
- Blend of herbs to use for dieting or to add robust flavoring to recipes and your family's meals.
Serves/Makes:1/2 cup approx.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). dried dill weed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). garlic powder
- Toss herbs into a grinder or mini-blender and whirl for about 60 seconds.
- Spoon spice blend immediately into a clean spice jar with a tight fitting lid, (a plastic shaker insert is a great asset), label and use as usual.
- Store in a dark dry area of your kitchen.
- Try this blend on poached, grilled or baked fish, either before or after cooking. This unusual combination adds complexity to seafood dishes. Also, delicious to use in dips or spreads.
Very good to mix with lemon juice, white wine and extra virgin olive oil as a classic American flare to tossed salads or a marinade for meats and vegetables on the on the grill.