Basic Meat Spice Blend II
- Blend of herbs to use for dieting or to add robust flavoring to recipes and your family's meals.
Serves/Makes:1/2 cup approx.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). dried savory
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). dried marjoram
- Toss herbs into a grinder or mini-blender and whirl for about 60 seconds.
- Spoon spice blend immediately into a clean spice jar with a tight fitting lid, (a plastic shaker insert is a great asset), label and use as usual.
- Store in a dark dry area of your kitchen.
- This blend is a favorite for beef, pork, veal and hearty stews. Also, delicious to use in dips or spreads.
Very good to mix with lemon juice, white wine and extra virgin olive oil as a classic American flare to tossed salads or a marinade for meats and vegetables on the on the grill.