- 2 heads lettuce, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, cut up in tiny pieces
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 pint Hellman's or Best Foods mayonnaise (no substitutions)
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) white vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) parmesan cheese
- Combine lettuce, cauliflower and bacon.
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar.
- Add dressing to salad, add parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Posted By: Sherry/TSR
I got this recipe years ago from a former employee - we've been making it ever since. This makes a large salad so make sure you have a bunch of people around to help you eat it because it does not keep. I will often make up the dressing the day before and the rest of the salad and then mix together just before serving.