- 2 full chicken breasts, cooked, deboned and cut into bite size pieces (reserve stock for another use)
- 2 cups (475 ml) Pepperidge Farm Herb stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) melted butter
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) frozen mixed peas and carrots
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced onion
- Mix 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) Pepperidge Farm herb stuffing mix with 1/2 cup (125 ml) melted butter and lightly pat into bottom of casserole dish.
- Cover with the cut up chicken.
- Combine 1 can cream of celery soup, 1 cup (225 ml) milk, frozen peas and carrots and minced onion.
- Pour over chicken.
- Mix remaining stuffing mix with remaining melted butter and cover the top of the chicken with this.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 1/2 hour.
- The bigger the casserole dish you use, the dryer this recipe gets. I use a 8 inch x 8 inch casserole dish and it stays nice and moist. I also usually use a bit more stuffing mix and butter to cover the top than what the recipe calls for.
This receipe may be frozen or kept in the fridge 2 to 3 days before cooking.
This recipe is from my grandmother, who is now in her late 70's, I believe she said it came from my greatgrandmother. Both ladies were exceptional cooks in their day!