- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 28 oz (784 grm). can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz (420 grm). can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- Brown ground beef with the onions and garlic, drain off fat.
- Add tomatoes, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, salt and water.
- Simmer, covered, one hour.
- Serve with Monterey Jack cheese.