- A sugar-free cake
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) mashed banana
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) softened butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped walnuts (or 1/2 cup (125 ml) nuts and 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Beat together bananas and butter until creamy.
- Add eggs and water; beat well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda,and cinnamon.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add chopped walnuts.
- Spoon batter into an oiled and floured 9 inch x 13 inch baking pan.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into squares.