- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegtable oil
- 4 bacon slices, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) celery chopped
- 2 tomatoes peeled, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) broccolli, chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 potato peeled, chopped
- 4 cups (950 ml) chicken stock
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cooked rice
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) fresh peas, can be frozen
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Crush garlic.
- Add bacon in saucepan, saute until crisp.
- Add garlic celery and all veg to saucepan.
- Cook 3 to 4 min, stirring constantly.
- Add stock, bring to boil, simmer 15 minutes.
- Add rice, cook 10 - 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each serving.
- One of the better vegetable soups I have tried.
This could be vegetarian by using vegetable broth or water instead of chicken broth.