Chinese Cashew Chicken and Rice
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boned, skinned and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 2 tsp (10 ml). sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). white vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) to 1 tsp (5 ml). crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted cashews
- cooked rice
- Marinate chicken in 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce and rice wine for 30 minutes.
- Combine 2 Tbsp (30 ml). soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and vinegar and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet.
- Add red pepper to taste and chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Add green onions and ginger and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Return chicken to wok.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly; add soy sauce mixture and any remaining chicken marinade.
- Add cashews.
- Serve over cooked rice.